Average hanging weight of a side (1/2) of beef is @ 400#. 40-50% of weight is loss on each half after processing. A 1/2 of beef approximately consists of:
- Chuck Roast (3#) 10-12
- Arm Roast (3#) 4
- Rump Roast (3#) 4
- Choice of Steaks-Choose one (bone in OR boneless)
- T-Bone Steaks(bone in) 8-12 and Porterhouse(bone in) 4-6 OR New York Strip (boneless) 10- 14 and Tenderloin (boneless) 8- 10
- Sirloin Steaks 6-8
- Ribeye Steaks 12-14 OR Rib Roast(2) OR Rib Steaks(bone in)
- Round Steaks 8-10 ****see below for options
- Soup Bones 2-3 packs
- Short Ribs 3-4 packs
- Hamburger 60-80#
***Round Steak options below: (Round Steak is a very lean but "tougher'' Steak)***
Cut as a steak: e.g. 1/4" thick 1 per pack
Hamburger: We will grind the round and put with your Hamburger.
Ground Round: will grind the round and keep separate for Ground Round.
********Additional change choices below******
Cut as a steak but tenderized: we put the steak through a tenderizing machine
Cut into stew meat: e.g. 1/4" stew meat cut chunks and packaged into 1# packs or larger.
Cube Steak: tenderized and cut into pieces. You choose how many pieces per pack.
Dried Beef: can make the inside round into dried beef. (Extra time needed to do this)
Jerky: You choose to have this cut made into Jerky. (Extra time needed to do this)
- A Split Side (1/4) of beef will approximately consist of half of the items listed above.
- A Front 1/4 of beef will consist of: Chuck Roasts, Arm Roast, Rib Eyes, Soup Bones, Short Ribs, and Hamburger. Half of items listed above.
- A Hind 1/4 of beef will consist of: T-Bone, Porterhouse, Sirloin and Round Steak, Rump Roast, and Hamburger. Half of the amounts listed above.